|Adding Email Mailbox for New User with ISPConfig|
Tripp W Black on 03/14 at 11:30 AM
Category: Email Setup
|Complete the following steps to create a new mailbox.|
1. Login to ISPConfig Management web site.
- Login with the Client customer account ID and Password
2. Navigate to the Email Mailboxes view.
- Go to Email (top menu tab) -> Go to left sidebar -> Email Mailbox (under Email Accounts heading)
3. Add the New Mailbox
- Click the Add New Mailbox button
- Complete as following:
Name = First Last
Email = myemail -> select domain.ext on right
Password = <enterAGre89935tP@ssword123>
Repeat Password = <enterAGre89935tP@ssword123>
Note: If you type the same password, you will see a note that Password does match.
Quota = 1000 (MB)
Click the Save button.
If you are not forwarding e-mail for this new person, then you are done.
If you want to forward mail going into this mailbox to somewhere else, there are a two options: forward a copy, or forward all mail (w/o a copy) and redirect to another email address.
If you want a COPY of e-mails to this mailbox sent to another e-mail mailbox, then do the following:
1. Open the user's new Email Mailbox again. e.g. (email@example.com)
2. Add one or more email accounts/addresses to the Send copy to field.
If sending to multiple email addresses, separate them with commas.
3. Click the Save button.
If you want to redirect all mail and not deliver them to this mailbox at all, then do the following:
If you have administrative access, there is an additional tab to the mail box called Custom Rules.
If not, the Mindwatering support help personnel can make this change for you.
1. Open user's new Email Mailbox again -> Go to the Custom Rules tab
In the box enter your target email address:
2. Click the Save button.